After more than two years of pandemic-related closures, Japan has once again opened its doors to tourists. This exciting development has travelers eager to explore the Land of the Rising Sun. If you’re planning to embark on this journey across the Pacific Ocean, you might wonder: What’s the best airline to choose for your voyage to Japan? In this guide, we’ll focus on the airlines that offer exceptional experiences for your journey to Japan.
Here are our top picks for the best airlines to fly to Japan, each with its unique advantages:
1. Japan Airlines
Japan Airlines (JAL) takes the lead as one of the top choices for your trans-Pacific flight. JAL stands out by providing superior in-flight experiences. Notably, they offer economy seating with just eight seats per row on their Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, as opposed to the standard nine seats per row. With a generous seat pitch of at least 33 inches, JAL provides some of the best seat spacing in economy class. Their economy seats are fittingly named “Sky Wider.”
As you move to premium classes, Japan Airlines offers one of the world’s premier premium economy products. And if you have the means, their business and first-class seats are renowned as among the finest ways to fly.
2. All Nippon Airways (ANA)
All Nippon Airways, also known as ANA, is another Japan-based airline that stands out for its exceptional business and first-class experiences. Whether you’re flying in economy or premium cabins, ANA promises an excellent journey across the Pacific.
3. Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines is renowned for its exceptional service and commitment to passenger comfort. They offer a range of flight options to various destinations in Japan. Here’s why Singapore Airlines is a great choice for traveling to Japan:
- Luxurious Cabins: Singapore Airlines offers a range of cabin classes, including the famous Singapore Airlines Suites, business class, premium economy, and economy. The Suites are particularly renowned for providing passengers with a private and luxurious travel experience.
- Gourmet Dining: Passengers on Singapore Airlines can savor gourmet meals prepared by award-winning chefs. The airline is known for offering a diverse and delectable menu, including Japanese cuisine options.
- Spacious Seating: Regardless of the cabin class, Singapore Airlines provides comfortable and spacious seating arrangements. Passengers can relax in ergonomically designed seats, ensuring a comfortable journey.
- Entertainment: Singapore Airlines offers an extensive selection of in-flight entertainment options, including the latest movies, TV shows, music, and games. Their KrisWorld entertainment system keeps passengers entertained throughout the flight.
- Excellent Service: The airline’s cabin crew is known for their professionalism and dedication to passenger satisfaction. They go above and beyond to ensure a pleasant travel experience.
While Singapore Airlines may involve a layover in Singapore for some routes, the overall travel experience and quality of service make it a top choice for flying to Japan.
4. Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines, among the U.S.-based carriers, offers noteworthy service to Japan. Even in economy class, Delta has enhanced its offerings, including hot towel service and complimentary Bellinis. Additionally, Delta provides its relatively new Premium Select premium economy product on various routes. For those seeking top-tier experiences, Delta One Suites are available on many flights to Japan.
5. Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific, based in Hong Kong, provides a comfortable and convenient way to reach Japan. They offer excellent service and a range of flight options to major Japanese cities. Cathay Pacific’s business class and premium economy cabins are highly regarded for their comfort and amenities.
Emirates, the flagship carrier of the United Arab Emirates, offers a unique option for traveling to Japan with a stopover in Dubai. While it may not be a direct route, Emirates is known for its luxurious in-flight experience. Enjoy spacious seating, gourmet meals, and extensive entertainment options as you make your way to Japan.
7. United Airlines
United Airlines provides a solid option for travelers heading to Japan. While it may not boast the same luxurious reputation as some other carriers on this list, United Airlines offers several advantages:
- Mileage Option: United Airlines can be an attractive choice for travelers who want to use their miles for award flights to Japan. The airline’s MileagePlus program offers various options for redeeming miles, including flights to Japan.
- Economy Comfort: United Airlines provides a comfortable economy class experience with well-designed seating and modern amenities. Even in economy, you can expect decent legroom and in-flight entertainment.
- Points Flexibility: United Airlines partners with multiple credit card reward programs, making it relatively easy for travelers to earn United MileagePlus miles. These miles can then be used to book flights to Japan or other destinations.
- Premium Cabin Choices: If you prefer a premium experience, United offers Polaris Business Class on some routes to Japan. While it may not be as lavish as first-class offerings from other airlines, it provides lie-flat seats and enhanced in-flight services.
These additional airlines provide travelers with a variety of choices based on their preferences and priorities, ensuring a memorable journey to Japan.
There’s really no wrong way to fly to Japan. From ancient temples to incredible food and unique experiences, visiting Japan is worth it any way you fly there. With that said, some airlines provide a much more comfortable way to cross the Pacific. Whether you prioritize comfort, value, or specific amenities, you can find an airline that suits your preferences for an unforgettable adventure in Japan.