The Japanese TV channel AT-X, famed for running anime all day, conducted a poll for its viewers asking which anime they liked in the first half of 2022. The viewers responded to the poll and the channel has revealed the top 20 anime of first half of 2022 as per AT-X channel viewers.
The list is as follows:
20. Slow Loop
19. Restaurant to Another World season 2
18. BIRDIE WING -Golf Girls’ Story-
17. Ascendance of a Bookworm
16. Love After World Domination
15. Teasing Master Takagi-san 3
14. Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer!
13. 86 EIGHTY-SIX
12. Kaguya-sama: Love Is War -Ultra Romantic-
11. Made in Abyss
10. Miss Shachiku and the Little Baby Ghost
9. Skeleton Knight in Another World
8. Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness
7. Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs
5. Ya Boy Kongming!
4. The Demon Girl Next Door
3. Akebi’s Sailor Uniform
2. SPY x FAMILY
1. My Dress-Up Darling
Not too much of a surprise seeing My Dress-up Darling in the top spot.
My Dress-Up Darling is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Shinichi Fukuda. It began serialization in Square Enix’s Young Gangan in January 2018 and has been compiled into nine volumes as of March 2022. An anime television series adaptation by CloverWorks aired from January to March 2022.
The plot is described as:
Wakana Gojo is a first-year high school student who dreams of becoming a hina doll craftsman. One day during his first semester, his popular classmate Marin Kitagawa sees him making doll costumes in the school’s sewing room. Marin, who has wanted to cosplay for a while and has observed Wakana’s skill in sewing, asks him to create the costume of a character from a video game that she adores. Even though Wakana has no experience making a costume on a human scale, he is inspired by Marin’s tenacity and agrees to make one for her.